KARNAK 3036 Poly-Mat is a firm finish stitch bonded textile material composed of polyester fiber to form a strong reinforcing fabric with cold roofing mastics and liquid elastomerics. While the chemical and thermal properties of KARNAK 3036 Poly-Mat are essentially those of polyester fiber, the product’s stitch bonded structure endows it with an extraordinary combination of physical properties. The distinctive characteristics of KARNAK 3036 Poly-Mat include high tensile strength compiled with high elongation, outstanding tear strength and toughness, high bulk and porosity, non-raveling edges, and excellent dimensional stability. This product is ideal for replacing felts and fiberglass as reinforcing mats on smooth surfaces such as BUR, modified bitumen membranes and concrete surfaces.
Weight: 2.9 oz. per square yard
4” x 180’ (60 ft2 / 6.7 yd2) 9 rolls/carton
6” x 180 (90 ft2 / 10 yd2) 6 rolls/carton
9” x 180’ (135 ft2 / 15 yd2) 4 rolls/carton
12” x 180’ (180 ft2 / 20 yd2) 3 rolls/carton
18” x 180’ (270 ft2 / 30 yd2) 2 rolls/carton
40” x 180’ (5.5 square)(600 ft2 / 66.7 yd2) 1 roll/carton
1. High tensile strength and toughness.
2. High breaking elongation.
3. Excellent tear strength.
5. No fiber breakage or dusting in handling.
7. Outstanding resistance to cold cracking, chemicals and solvents.
8. Properties are not affected by water.
9. Non-irritating to the skin.
10. High resistance to splitting or cracking from thermal shock, low
temperatures, freeze/thaw cycles, folding, creasing and rough handling.
11. Resistance to chemicals and solvents found in asphalt, tar and cold applied
systems, as well as lubricants for rooftop motors and air conditioners.
12. Outstanding resistance to rot and water damage.
Chemical Exposure at Temp. Effect on Strength
Benzene 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
Ethyl Alcohol 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
Coal Tar 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
Gasoline (leaded) 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
10% Hydrochloric Acid 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
Saturated Sodium Chloride 1,000 hrs @ 70ºF None
1% Sodium Carbonate 10 hrs @ 210ºF None
Ethylene Glycol 10 hrs @ 200ºF None
Kerosene 10 hrs @ 200ºF None
Xylene 10 hrs @ 200ºF None
Recognized by professional roofing contractors as the best quality product in the market.