KARNAK 5540 Resat-Mat is a stitch bonded textile material composed of polyester fiber to form a strong reinforcing fabric when applied with cold roofing mastics and liquid elastomerics.
Composed of 100% polyester, KARNAK 5540 Resat-Mat has excellent conformability, making it ideal for replacing felts and fiberglass as reinforcing mats on rough surfaces such as embedded gravel and corrugated metal roof decks. The distinctive characteristics of KARNAK 5540 Resat-Mat include high tensile strength compiled with high elongation, outstanding tear strength and toughness, high bulk and porosity, non-raveling edges and excellent dimensional stability.
1. High tensile strength and toughness
2. High breaking elongation
3. Excellent tear strength
5. No fiber breakage or dusting in handling
7. Outstanding resistance to cold cracking, chemicals and solvents
8. Properties are not affected by water
9. Non-irritating to the skin
10. High resistance to splitting or cracking from thermal shock, low temperatures,
freeze/thaw cycles, folding creasing and rough handling
11. Resistance to chemicals and solvents found in asphalt, tar and cold applied
systems, as well as lubricants for roof top motors and air conditioners
12. Outstanding resistance to rot and water damage.
% MD Grab Breaking
Chemical Exposure at Temp. Strength Retained
1% Sodium Hydroxid 6 hrs. @ RT 99
60% Sulfuric Acid 100 hrs. @ RT 82
Distilled Water 1000 hrs. @ RT 100
70% Nitric Acid 6 hrs. @ RT 97
Acetone 1000 hrs/ @ RT 98
Carbon Tetrachloride 1000 hrs. @ RT 99
Dimethly Formamide 1000 hrs. @ RT 100
Ethyl Alcohol 1000 hrs. @ RT 100
Ethylene Glycol 1000 hrs. @ RT 100
Polychlorethylene 1000 hrs. @ RT 93
Recognized by professional roofing contractors as the best quality product in the market.