108 Asphalt Primer (ASTM D-41)
108 Asphalt Primer (ASTM D-41)
General purpose, penetration asphalt primer used for the preparation of all types of surfaces previous to the application of hot or cold asphalt coatings. KARNAK 108 Asphalt Primer is a controlled preparation of a highly ductile, soft asphalt in a refined solvent.
- ASTM D-41
- Fed. Spec. SS-A-701
- AASHTO M-116
- 0.5-1 Gallons per 100sf**
This is intended as a general guideline only, coverage can vary based on many factors.
KARNAK 108 Asphalt Primer is especially designed for use as a general utility prime coat for concrete, gypsum, masonry, brick and metal surfaces over which waterproofing, dampproofing, roof coatings and other asphaltic products are to be applied. This thin solution readily penetrates pores and seals dusty masonry surfaces to provide a firm base for such coatings. It is specified as a prime coat previous to the application of the membrane system of waterproofing on all concrete structures. It is also very efficiently used as a felt primer on old dried out built-up roofs where penetration is required to revitalize the base surfaces before roof coatings or cold applied systems are applied.
1. Consistency: A smooth rubber-like trowel consistency which will readily spread on and adhere to vertical and horizontal surfaces without sagging.
2. Character of Dried Film: Excellent adhesion to masonry, steel, cured concrete, shingles, asphalt roofing, skylight flashings and a variety of other surfaces.
3. Film Performance Characteristics: The dried film retains its elasticity and ductility so that the material will resist extreme variations in temperature and weather.
4. Sag Resistance: Excellent resistance to flow at high roof temperatures on vertical surfaces.
5. Homogenized: Thoroughly mixed and consistent throughout.
6. Consistency: 19 Ultra is always smooth and of a trowel consistency.
Preparation & Application
All surfaces to be primed or coated with KARNAK 108 Asphalt Primer must be dry and free from oil, grease and any other foreign matter.
Easily applied by brush or spray equipment at the rate of .5 to 1 gallon per 100 sq. ft. depending upon porosity and type of surface being primed. Masonry and dried out built-up roof structures should be liberally coated to obtain the most penetration so that an effective bond can be achieved for the covering material.
Caution/Care of Tools
Do not use near open flame. Avoid breathing solvent fumes and prolonged contact with skin. Do not take internally. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. Keep out of reach of children. Keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner. Cover air intakes during application and while drying.
CARE OF TOOLS:
Brushes and other tools may be thoroughly cleaned after use with mineral spirits or Karna-Klean, taking the necessary precaution when handling combustible materials.
Recognized by professional roofing contractors as the best quality product in the market.