78 Cold Process Cement
78 Cold Process Cement
KARNAK #78 Cold Process Cement is a multi-purpose fast setting asphalt cement which can be used as a blind nail or lap cement with prepared rolled roofing. KARNAK #78 Cold Process Cement can also be used in conjunction with any of KARNAK’s Cold Process Roofing Systems (i.e.: P-21, P-22) or with other manufacturers’ coated fiberglass felts and base sheets.
- Rubberized – elastomeric
- Wet or dry application
- Improved low-temperature flexibility
- Will not shrink or crack
- Smooth, easy to apply rubber-like trowel consistency
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent resistance to flow (sag) at high roof temperatures
- Ready to apply – no mixing required
- Greater strength
- VOC: 306 g/L
- ASTM compliant
- D-4586 Type I Class I & Class II
- SS-C-153 Type I (AF)
- 3-6 Gallons per 100sf**
This is intended as a general guideline only, coverage can vary based on many factors.
KARNAK #19 Ultra Flashing Cement is a general purpose asbestos-free flashing cement for repairing leaks in shingles, concrete, metal or asphalt roofs, SBS and APP modified bitumen membranes flashings on walls, chimneys, flues, skylight flashings, downspouts and cornices.
KARNAK #19 Ultra is excellent for sealing cracks in concrete and brick, as a joint filler for precast roof slabs, for repair, patch and flashing detail on SBS and APP modified membranes, and for general purpose use in maintenance of exposed buildings and structures.
1. Consistency: A smooth rubber-like trowel consistency which will readily spread on and adhere to vertical and horizontal surfaces without sagging.
2. Character of Dried Film: Excellent adhesion to masonry, steel, cured concrete, shingles, asphalt roofing, skylight flashings and a variety of other surfaces.
3. Film Performance Characteristics: The dried film retains its elasticity and ductility so that the material will resist extreme variations in temperature and weather.
4. Sag Resistance: Excellent resistance to flow at high roof temperatures on vertical surfaces.
5. Homogenized: Thoroughly mixed and consistent throughout.
6. Consistency: 19 Ultra is always smooth and of a trowel consistency.
Preparation & Application
All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, dust, dirt, loose paint or other foreign matter. Excess water should be removed, if possible, before application of KARNAK #19 Ultra.
Spread KARNAK #19 Ultra Flashing Cement to an average thickness of 1/8” (approximately 8 gallons per square) and press tightly into joints, seams or cracks.
TO REPAIR CRACKS, BREAKS AND BLISTERS:
1. Spread KARNAK #19 Ultra Flashing Cement over the damaged area at an average thickness of 1/8”.
2. Embed KARNAK Cotton, Glass or Polyester Membrane reinforcement in the #19 Ultra Flashing Cement.
3. Apply an additional coat of KARNAK #19 Ultra Flashing Cement over the entire patch at an average thickness of 1/8”.
Recognized by professional roofing contractors as the best quality product in the market.