502MS Karna-Flex Sealant
502MS Karna-Flex Sealant
KARNAK Karna-Flex is an elastomeric, thermoplastic-rubber sealant formulated for use on properly prepared metal, concrete, EPDM, TPO, and most PVC membrane as well as spray polyurethane foam and plywood roof substrates. Its ease of application, superior adhesion, elasticity and durability make Karna-Flex an ideal repair sealant. Available in a brush mastic or caulking cartridge.
FEATURES, BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES:
1. One component—no need to intermix with other materials.
2. Easy application by brush or caulking gun.
3. Superior film—forms a durable, weather resistant elastomeric membrane.
4. Has superior adhesive and cohesive strength.
5. Low temperature flexibility—specially selected polymers and resins impart
superior low temperature properties to the coating.
6. Adheres to wet or dry surfaces
- 3-6 Gallons per 100sf**
This is intended as a general guideline only, coverage can vary based on many factors.
Karna-Flex’s elastomeric properties make it an excellent sealant for prepared metal, concrete, spray polyurethane foam and plywood roof system details. Ideal for sealing and waterproofing metal roof seams and splits, EPDM, TPO and PVC seams as well as gutters, fasteners, pinholes in metal, flashing and curb details. Also use to seal around skylights, penetrations and roof top equipment.
Weight per Gallon: 9.7 lbs
Maximum Shrinkage: 25%
Colors: White & Black
Tensile Strength: 40 psi
Low Temp Flex: -40°F
ASTM-C-734: No cracking/pass
Recovery: 75% min.
VOC: 490 g/L
Preparation & Application
All surfaces to be sealed must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other foreign matter.
Apply Karna-Flex by brush or caulking gun in the following manner.
1. Horizontal Seams and Cracks 1/16” wide or larger.
• Using KARNAK 550 Patch-N-Go Fleece Self Sealing Tape, adhere tape to crack as directed per production application guidelines. Apply Karna-Flex at an average thickness of 1/16” to completely cover the polyester face of the tape and feather out.
2. Or, using KARNAK Resat-Mat, apply Karna-Flex at an average thickness of 1/16” to completely cover the crack. Immediately embed one layer of Resat-Mat and cover with another application of Karna-Flex. Make sure to smooth the fabric out completely and cover.
Karna-Flex is not recommended for use over asphaltic substrates. Contact KARNAK Corporation for alternative systems. PVC and TPO roofs should at least be 4 years old before using this product on.
Caution/Care of Tools
Do not use near open flame. Avoid breathing solvent fumes and prolonged contact with skin. Do not take internally. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner. Cover air intakes during application and while drying.
COLD-PROCESS SYSTEMS AND COATINGS, EITHER EMULSION OR SOLVENT BASED, SHOULD ONLY BE INSTALLED ON DECKS WITH POSITIVE DRAINAGE. PER NRCA, (NATIONAL ROOFING CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION) “THE CRITERIA FOR JUDGING PROPER SLOPE FOR DRAINAGE IS THAT THERE BE NO EVIDENCE OF STANDING WATER ON THE DECK 48 HOURS AFTER IT STOPS RAINING.”
Recognized by professional roofing contractors as the best quality product in the market.