920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic
Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic is a general purpose coating, manufactured with refined asphalt, clay emulsifiers, and selected non- fibers. The dried film cures to a tough, flexible, durable finish and will resist variations in temperature and weather. Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic will not burn or support combustion in a liquid state. It has no odor or fumes, and resists the absorption of exterior moisture. Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic may be applied to slightly damp surfaces.
Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic is a vapor retarder used as a protective coating, against dampness on the exterior face of interior above grade and exterior surfaces of concrete, metal and wood above or below grade. It may also be used to dampproof interior surfaces below grade in the absence of hydrostatic pressure. The emulsion may be utilized as an adhesive for styrofoam insulation prior to backfilling.
- ASTM D-1187 Type I
- ASTM D 1227 Type II, Class 1
- MIL-R 3472A
Surface should be free of oil, grease, dirt, laitance and loose material. Dry surfaces may be dampened with water before application. Repair all cracks and holes with #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic and Karnak #31 Fiberglass Membrane or Karnak #34 Asphalt Saturated Cotton Fabric, before applying the surface coating.
Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic is easily applied by trowel. Apply Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic in one coat. If applying two, allow the first coat to dry. Coating should be continuous and free of pinholes or holidays. Cover all slots, joints and grooves and apply into all chases and corners.
- Above-grade dampproofing: (interior and exterior) Apply one coat of Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic at a rate of 4 to 6 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If applying two coats, each coat should be 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. (First coat must be allowed to dry prior to the application of the second coat).
- Below-grade dampproofing: (exterior only) Apply one coat of Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic at a rate of 4 to 6 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If applying two coats, each coat should be 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. (First coat must be allowed to dry prior to the application of the second coat).
- Fabric reinforced dampproofing: Apply one coat of #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. Apply Karnak #31 Fiberglass Membrane or Karnak #34 Asphalt Saturated Fabric over the wet coating, overlapping all edges. Smooth out all wrinkles, making sure there is no trapped air underneath the fabric. Proceed with second coat at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
- Polystyrene insulation adhesive: Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic is a water-based emulsion that is 100% compatible with Polystyrene insulation or protection board. As an adhesive, Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic should be applied in 4" diameter dabs at an approximate rate of 1 quart per 100 square feet, and the insulation pressed firmly into it immediately.
NOTE: When more than two courses are required wall ties may be necessary.
Apply at 4 to 6 gallons per 100 square feet.
- Weight per Gallon: 9.2
- Solids by Weight: 59%
- Solids by Volume: 56%
- Color: Black
- Permeability: 0.5 mg. per sq. cm.
- Cure Time: 24 to 48 hours @ 77° 50% Relative Humidity
- Cured Temperature Range: 0°F to 180°F
CARE OF TOOLS
Equipment may be cleaned with water immediately after use. Dried coating may be cleaned with mineral spirits. Take necessary precautions when handling combustible material.
Do not apply when rain is imminent. Protect from freezing. Coating must be dried before exposure to water. Store in a heated room and keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner.
Available in 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums.