Karna-Flex WB (505 Seam Sealer)
Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer is an acrylic-elastomer, water-borne sealant formulated for use on properly prepared metal roof substrates. Its ease of application, superior adhesion, elasticity and durability make Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer an ideal sealant for metal roof applications.
Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer's elastomeric properties make it an excellent sealant for prepared metal roof system details such as: horizontal and vertical seams, bolt heads/fasteners and roof protrusions.
Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer is not recommended for use over asphaltic substrates. Contact Karnak Corporation for alternative systems.
Proper substrate preparation is important to insure sealant performance. See "Application Guidelines" or call Karnak Corporation for details.
1. Complies with all V.O.C. requirements and regulations.
2. Water-borne, non-flammable, odorless and non toxic.
3. One component - no need to intermix with other materials.
4. Easy application by brush, roller or spray.
5. Easy clean-up with water prior to curing.
6. Superior film - forms a durable, weather resistant elastomeric membrane.
7. Has superior adhesive and cohesive strength.
8. Fungistatic - formulated for most advanced, state-of-the-art resistance to mold or mildew growth.
9. Low temperature flexibility - specially selected internally plasticized polymers impart superior low temperature proper - ties to the coating.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other foreign matter. Patch and repair all damaged areas with Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer or appropriate materials prior to the coating application. In all cases, Karnak 505P Rust Inhibitor Primer must be applied at the minimum rate of 1/2 gallon per 100 sq. ft. prior to the application of Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Seale. Allow Karnak 505P Rust Inhibitor Primer to dry thoroughly prior to application of sealant (approx. 2 to 4 hours).
Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer may be applied using a brush or roller. Mix before use.
A. Prime entire roof area with Karnak 505P Rust Inhibitor Primer at 1/2 gallon per 100 sq. ft. (allow to dry).
B. Application at Seams Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer and Resat- Mat are applied in three steps:
1. Apply a base coat of Karnak 505 Seam Sealer. The Seam Sealer is to be applied at 1/16" nominal thickness by 6" width. (Approx. 50 lin. ft. per gallon).
2. With base coat of Karnak 505 Seam Sealer still wet, completely embed 4" Resat-Mat in the Seam Sealer. Resat-Mat must be kept smooth. There can be no wrinkles, fish mouths, or bridging of the mat. If these conditions exist, areas must be cut and reinstalled.
3. Apply a final coat of Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer. The final coat of Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer is to be applied at 1/16" thickness (approx. 50 linear ft. per gallon) to totally cover the Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M mat. Work should be free of pinholes or loose strands of mat. No mat should be visible. Coverage rate will vary with substrate geography. The application coverage is approximately 25 linear ft. per gallon when applied 6" wide @ 1/8" total thickness.
4. All horizontal and vertical seams should be treated with Karnak 505 Seam Sealer and Karnak Resat-Mat as described in this section. All fasteners must be treated with a dollop (Swirl Coat) of Karnak 505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer. Allow to dry a minimum of 48 hours prior to the application of the surface coating.
1. Weight per Gallon: 12.5 lbs
2. Solids by Weight: 75%
3. Color: Off-white
4. Modules @ 100%: 15-20 psi
5. Tensile Strength: 30-40 psi
6. Elongation: 400-500%
7. Low Temp Flex
8. ASTM-C-734: No cracking/pass
9. Recovery: 75% min.
Do not apply when rain is imminent. Protect from freezing. Coating must be dried before exposure to water. Store in a heated room and keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner.
COLD-PROCESS SYSTEMS AND COATINGS, EITHER EMULSION OR SOLVENT BASED, SHOULD ONLY BE INSTALLED ON DECKS WITH POSITIVE DRAINAGE.
PER NRCA, (NATIONAL ROOFING CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION) "THE CRITERIA FOR JUDGING PROPER SLOPE FOR DRAINAGE IS THAT THERE BE NO EVIDENCE OF STANDING WATER ON THE DECK 48 HOURS AFTER IT STOPS RAINING."
- Seam Sealer: 3 gallon bucket