Karna-Flex (502 Seam Sealer)
Karnak Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer is an elastomeric sealant formulated for use on properly prepared metal, concrete, spray polyurethane foam or plywood roof substrates. Its ease of application, superior adhesion, elasticity and durability make Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer an ideal sealant for roof repair applications.
Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer's elastomeric properties make it an excellent sealant for prepared metal, concrete, spray polyurethane foam and plywood roof system details such as: horizontal and vertical seams, bolt heads/fasteners and roof protrusions.
Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer is not recommended for use over asphaltic substrates. Contact Karnak Corporation for alternative systems.
Proper substrate preparation is important to insure sealant performance. See "Application Guidelines" or call Karnak Corporation for details.
Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer may be applied using a brush or bulk caulking gun. Mix lightly before use.
1. Apply a base coat of Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer. The Seam Sealer is to be applied at 1/16" nominal thickness by 6" width. (Approx. 50 lin. ft. per gallon).
2. With base coat of Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer still wet, completely embed 4" Resat-Mat in the Seam Sealer. The Resat-Mat must be kept smooth. There can be no wrinkles, fish mouths, or bridging of the mat. If these conditions exist, areas must be cut and reinstalled.
3. Apply a final coat of Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer. The final coat of Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer is to be applied at 1/16" thickness (approx. 50 linear ft. per gallon) to totally cover the Karnak Resat-Mat. Work should be free of pinholes or loose strands of mat. No mat should be visible. Coverage rate will vary with substrate geography. The application coverage is approximately 25 linear ft. per gallon when applied 6" wide @ 1/8" total thickness.
4. All horizontal and vertical seams should be treated with Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer and Karnak Resat-Mat as described in this section. All fasteners must be treated with a dollop (swirl coat) of Karna-Flex 502 Seam Sealer. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours prior to the application of the surface coating.
1. Weight per Gallon: 12.5 lbs
2. Solids by Weight: 75%
3. Color: White
4. Modules @ 100%: 15-20 psi
5. Tensile Strength: 30-40 psi
6. Elongation: 400-500%
7. Low Temp Flex
8. ASTM-C-734: No cracking/pass
9. Recovery: 75% min.
Do not apply when rain is imminent. Protect from freezing. Coating must be dried before exposure to water. Store in a heated room and keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner.
COLD-PROCESS SYSTEMS AND COATINGS, EITHER EMULSION OR SOLVENT BASED, SHOULD ONLY BE INSTALLED ON DECKS WITH POSITIVE DRAINAGE.
PER NRCA, (NATIONAL ROOFING CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION) "THE CRITERIA FOR JUDGING PROPER SLOPE FOR DRAINAGE IS THAT THERE BE NO EVIDENCE OF STANDING WATER ON THE DECK 48 HOURS AFTER IT STOPS RAINING."
- Karna-Flex Seam Sealer: 3 gallon buckets